Car Alarms Houston
Your car should always have a car alarm, especially if you have an expensive stereo system or GPS navigation system in your car. Moreover, the security of your car is not something you should take lightly. While there are cheap options, the quality of these products are significantly inferior to those which are more expensive but worthwhile. High quality car alarms will usually run around a couple hundred dollars and they offer several features and services. In addition, car alarms may earn you an insurance discount.
There are two ways a car alarm is set in motion, active and passive. Passive alarms activate when the ignition is off and all the car doors have been shut. However the driver must press a button or enter a code to turn an active alarm on.
When buying a car alarm, it is important to consider which features best fit you and your car. A car alarm can offer:
- Sirens and Air Horns: Loud devices which are used to impede the thief and draw attention to the car.
- Active Re-arm: After the alarm has been disarmed, the system will automatically re-arm after a specified amount of time if a door is not opened. This is to prevent accidental disarming by the remote transmitter.
- Strobes and Flashing Lights: Lights that are used to bring attention to the car when an attempt to steal it has occurred.
- Ignition/Starter Kill: Turns the ignition and engine off when the alarm is activated.
- Microwave Detectors and Zones: Sensors which go off when an area around the car has been breached while the alarm is armed.
- Window Roll-up Module: Rolls the windows up when an alarm is armed.
- Carjack Protection: Turns the engine to turn off and causes the siren to blare when the car is taken from the owner of the car.
- Tracking: Allows the vehicle to be tracked in the event of theft.
At Car Audio Zone and Car Stereo Outlet in Houston, we stock and service a wide range of car alarm and keyless entry products, including:
- Code Alarm